cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Defining matrix variable to get numerical solution to the Winkler foundation differential equation

GP_10779509
3-Visitor

Defining matrix variable to get numerical solution to the Winkler foundation differential equation

Following the solution to the differential equation for the deflection curve of a beam on an elastic foundation, am trying to get the bending moment M and shearing force V based on the 2nd- and 3rd-order derivatives (using MathCad prime 9).

I can come up with values based on the derivative expression BUT am unable to assign the results to matrix variables M and V for plotting the results to show variation along the length of the beam.

I tried to define matrices with matching size, BUT it won't evaluate the differential equation.

I alternatively tried for loop, BUT the same issue persists. The v counter does not increment to allow calculation of the M variable.

Should I be using the ODE solvers for this? Am I missing something? Can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you for the help.

GP_10779509_1-1704455727092.png

GP_10779509_0-1704455497266.png

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

Surely the design case for the dry dock slab is upwards with water pressure under while dry in the dock?

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags