cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Exporting from Mathcad to Word problem

rmaciukiewicz
1-Newbie

Exporting from Mathcad to Word problem

Hi,

Recently I finished my project in mathcad 15 but for the perpuse  of print editing, I need to copy text and equations to word. I dont have any problem with text but when i copy equation the result of equation is gone:

rys1.jpg

If I double click on the equation in word the extra mathcad window will open. Thanks to that I will get the result of equation but  font will be changed permanently:

rys2.jpg

I am able to copy equations as a photo but then spaces beetwen lines are messed up.

So what can i do to copy equations with result and to keep the same font?

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Rafal,

it is better to use the "save as..." feature in the file menu. There you can choose to save the mathcad document in rich-test-format. This can easily be imported in MS word.

Raiko

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

Hi Raiko,

That is a valid option, but very time consuming if you are pasting multiple equations into separate parts of a Word document.

Mike

Hello Mike,

you're right but I found this method to have the highest fidelity. Haven't tried your method though.

Raiko

p.S.

Just tried it. Works like a charm!

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Raiko)

Raiko Milanovic wrote:

it is better to use the "save as..." feature in the file menu. There you can choose to save the mathcad document in rich-test-format. This can easily be imported in MS word

I'm not sure this meets Rafal's need, Raiko.   If I read the original request correctly, then the user wants to be able to effectively change the font size (& type?) of the expression.   I think that the RTF output converts non-text expressions to images, which means the output will be little different from just copy & paste.

The only way I can think of to get the Word document looking typographically correct is to amend the font within the Mathcad worksheet (make a copy of the original to play with!),

..  or analyze the xmcd worksheet format to work out how to extract the resulting expression from the saved worksheet, and then work out how to convert this into a Microsoft Equation Editor object that can be inserted into the Word document.   A useful project, but probably overkill from a user point of view. 

Stuart

Yes that's true. With my method Rafal needs to adjust font and font size in advance which can be time consuming.

Instead of highlighting the equation and copying, try selecting the equation using the mouse and then pasting into Word. The equation and result will be inserted into word as an image.

Mike

Top Tags