cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Exporting the results of a function parameterized using a range

afox-2
1-Newbie

Exporting the results of a function parameterized using a range

Greetings, all,

I am using MathCAD Prime 3.0. I am attempting to model 1D advection-dispersion in groundwater using, strangely enough, the advection-dispersion equation. Where the problems start is getting the results out of the model. I've attached the MathCAD file I'm having issues with.

I set up the function, which takes two variables, x (a length) and t (a time) I am able to create a range variable, k, going from 0 m to 1200 m in 10 m intervals. I use this range variable to create a nice set of plots.

Now, what I want to do is evaluate the function C(k,t). The results appear to go into a table. But I cannot figure out how to:

a) Export these results to a text file or;

b) Include these results in an Excel file

Ideally, I'd like to be able to assign a variable, or at least a vector, to the results, so I can manipulate them later. But I can't figure out how, and I've been struggling with this for about a day now. I am a fairly new MathCAD user, and find the documentation a real struggle. To complete the assignment I just went back to Excel in frustration. But I'd like to learn how to do this right in MathCAD. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding an answer. The other topics about turning my range variable into a vector don't really solve the problem.

Any pointers?, and thanks in advance.

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:afox-2)

Rather than a range, build a vector. Feed your vector into the function, the result will be a vector, you can output vectors (and matrices) several different ways.

I said vectors!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:afox-2)

The other topics about turning my range variable into a vector don't really solve the problem.

That is exactly what is required though

Richard,

That was far simpler than I thought it would be. Thank you very much for the assist.

Top Tags