cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Finding the number and the index of the biggest number in an array thats less than X

S00tt
1-Newbie

Finding the number and the index of the biggest number in an array thats less than X

Can anyone help me?

I've got an array of 10 accending numbers that go from from 1 to 3000. I want to find what the biggest number thats less than or equal to 2000. e.g. if the array was 1,10,27,200,422,1500,1999,2500,2950, 3000 I would want the number 1999 and its index (6).

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

In the attached one method.

Regards. Alvaro.

Or another

regards

Andy

Thanks

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:S00tt)

Slightly different approach.

Mike

There are an issue -call it a bug- after reading better the post. Attached finds the closer and the closer by the left to a number in a vector.

Regards. Alvaro.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

There are an issue -call it a bug- after reading better the post.

I'm not sure what your getting at?

Is it because I slightly modified Alan's function? All I was trying to do was to show a different way to iterate through the vector.

Mike

Alan's function and your modification it's ok. What is not is my first post: it searches for the closser in the vector, the title of the original post talk about the biggest but actually wanted result is the closser but by the left. What I modify was my first post, adding the requested search. But Alan implementation, and yours, are ok too.

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags