cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Formatting Issues - Text and Pictures Jumping Around

HL_10931491
1-Newbie

Formatting Issues - Text and Pictures Jumping Around

I am having an ongoing issue with Mathcad. Every time I open my work files, the text blocks and images move! I usually have to start by "Separate Regions Vertically" and then manually move everything back into place. I use page breaks as well, but it doesn't work in some sections. I lose too much time to reorganizing my work. This issue also occurs when I update calculations. My first page usually has overlaps of photos and text blocks consistently after each open. The zoom is set to 100% and my display settings are also set to 100%. To recreate the issue, create text blocks with floating images between other text blocks. Save and reopen the Mathcad file. Text blocks move around since last save and floating images overlap text blocks. I am using Prime 9.0.0.0.

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:HL_10931491)

It helps:

1. To know that such issues have been reported before. (But it does not help that those issues are hard to find back.)

2. If you can attach a file that demonstrates the problem for you. Then others can try to see if they experience the same.

Success!
Luc

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:HL_10931491)

Are you using

1. Text Blocks, or
  2. Text Boxes?

Text Blocks, when edited, will move other regions around to make room for themselves, even across hard page breaks where other text boxes/blocks and pictures might live.  I have found that I get things where I want them and then the close/open process pushes things around again.

Text Boxes are independent and have no impact on other regions.  They will in fact overlap other regions if you want them to.  These tend to stay anchored where you put them.

Personally, I avoid Text Blocks at all cost and only use Text Boxes.  I've been burned too many times with long worksheets that seem to have a mind of their own.  As convenient as it sounds to have the Text Blocks always span the page (including the area to the right of the page), it is just not worth the hassle of cleaning up the side effects.  IMO

Top Tags