cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

General Comments

MikeMcDermott
1-Newbie

General Comments

I dislike the new paper-centric format. Our worksheets are rarely printed and this new format limits the display area.

Related to this, I don't see an option for very many papers sizes, and no option for landscape orientation. Most of our MC11 worksheets are landscape orientation, and sometimes 11X17 size.

I dislike the amount of vertical space taken up by icons, etc.

I like the ability to pick from a large list of functions, but I would like to be able to select a function and get help on the parameters for that function. Once I select a function, the help info is no longer visible. I like the way Microsoft visual basic works in this regard.

I think the icon is really ugly. Is that thing in the top left corner a baseball or what? Maybe it's an ant head. Or maybe it's 2 spirits, one saying positive things and the other one is saying negative things. The taskbar icon should at have text in it like all other applications.

I like the method of entering a matrix and selecting the size of it. It's also much easier to delete a column in a matrix. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Just agreeing with a couple of points. I rarely print worksheets - I don't think I have printed from MathCad two years. I normally copy and paste to Word.

So in that sence, I agree that the space/pages should be like an Excel worksheet - unbounded. Excel you can decide to "set a print area", or at the very least view the page barriers on what is to be printed. However, the majority of the time you don't care because you very rarely print an entire spreadsheet.

Finally - McDermott is right - some form of "intelisense" would be fantastic. That is, if I type in a function and open the brackets, it would be absolutely fantastic. I have attached some examples of what I mean.

Philip