cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Goal Seek

h_nas
4-Participant

Goal Seek

What is equivalent to MS Excel goal seek in Mathcad?

14 REPLIES 14
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:h_nas)

A solve block, but Mathcad has several possible alternatives that may be more suitable, depending on exactly what you are trying to solve.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have a look below.

Clipboard01.jpg

I have also attached an example worksheet.

Mike

10 out of 10 for providing an example, but you may want to change it so that you are finding C, rather than D. You could find D just by a simple assignment

h_nas
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

True

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Good point.

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-1286-16192/applause.gif

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

h_nas
4-Participant
(To:MikeArmstrong)

Is it applicable if we have say five equations each one is depended on the other ( i.e. the last result is depending on these five equations), we need to fix the last result to some value suitable for us, then trying to find the required input. At the moment I am using try and error.

Solving this issue will save me time.

Thank you

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Is it applicable if we have say five equations each one is depended on the other ( i.e. the last result is depending on these five equations), we need to fix the last result to some value suitable for us, then trying to find the required input. At the moment I am using try and error.

Yes I would have thought so. Remember you need the same number of equations as the number of unknowns though.

Can you provide a worksheet?

Mike

h_nas
4-Participant
(To:MikeArmstrong)

I have attached a small example for what I need.

Thank you

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You need to write your expressions as functions of the variable you wish to vary:

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You need to write your expressions as functions of the variable you wish to vary:

Are you sure? Your value for x doesn't seem correct.

See attached.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Are you sure?

Yes.

Your value for x doesn't seem correct

Just the effects of a typo. I have Y(x):=X(x)/x, not Y(x):=X(x)/z. So the answer is correct, just not for the original equations.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Just the effects of a typo. I have Y(x):=X(x)/x, not Y(x):=X(x)/z. So the answer is correct, just not for the original equations.

Your let off then

Mike

Top Tags