cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

HELP CONVERT FILES

aalves-3
1-Newbie

HELP CONVERT FILES

Hi

This is my first time making use of Mathcad. Would anyone be willing to convert these two legacy files please?

(I am using the Prime 3.0 trail.)

Werner Exinger

I noticed that you are very active and helpful on the community. Could you help please?

14 REPLIES 14

Angela you have post your question in the wrong forum.

I think Ryan Kelley‌ can move it for you in the Mathcad section.

Marco

Thanks for notifying me, Marco Tosin‌. I've moved this discussion into our PTC Mathcad‌ product community.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:aalves-3)

Angela Alves wrote:

Hi

This is my first time making use of Mathcad. Would anyone be willing to convert these two legacy files please?

(I am using the Prime 3.0 trail.)

Hi Angela,

Could I suggest that you upgrade to the Prime 3.1 trial?  I've converted the files to 3.1 format and attached them.  Unfortunately, Prime 3.0 can't read them, so if you can't upgrade to 3.1, then somebody with Prime 3.0 will have to help you.  But somebody should be along soon! 🙂

Stuart;

Converted to Prime 2 - should be readable in 3.

Regards

Andy

You can also find a thirty day free trial of Mathcad version 15, which can read (and execute) those files directly.

Fred Kohlhepp wrote:

You can also find a thirty day free trial of Mathcad version 15, which can read (and execute) those files directly.

Angela should be able to download M15 M040 from here: http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial

However, it will only convert to Prime 3.1 ... 😞

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

It will convert to whatever version of prime you have installed.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

It will convert to whatever version of prime you have installed.

I am delighted to be corrected.

Stuart

That's right. The conversion depends on the installed version of Mathcad Prime.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

That's right. The conversion depends on the installed version of Mathcad Prime.

Out of idle interest, given that there are differences between the "Prime 1" version of Mathcad 15 (M???) and the "Prime 3.1" version (M040), do any of these affect the corresponding Prime Converters (eg, things that no longer convert or convert differently)?

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

StuartBruff wrote:

Angela should be able to download M15 M040 from here: http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial

Are you sure that's the M040 installer, and not the M030 installer?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

Are you sure that's the M040 installer, and not the M030 installer?

It was when I downloaded it, he says hesitantly, fearful of further embarrassing himself through ignorance ... although you would have thought the decades would have cured him of this by now!   that's cured of the embarrassment not the ignorance, that's beyond cure.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

OK. Thanks. Last time I checked the trial version was still M030, but if I know it's M040 I'll go to the effort of downloading it.

Yes, I'm lazy

Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for all the help and suggestion.

Top Tags