cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Help with data...

Kenny
1-Newbie

Help with data...

I have a worksheet that takes in a .csv file and puts it into a table. I then use the column operator to turn that into two vectors, time and current. Now, for some magical reason, I am getting an error on the command current:=data<ctrl><6>1. It will no longer put the second column of the data into the vector named current, and it hightlights the word data and the column operator red with the message "this value must be a scalar or matrix". Anyone have any idea why this would sudden stop working? I literally changed nothing on the worksheet. For the record, it now does this will all of my other worksheets as well. Recreating the WS from scratch didn't help either.

datadata

time:=data^0*s

current:=data^1*A

instead of ^ imagine column operator

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
1-Newbie
(To:Kenny)

O! and to avoid confusion I should mention that the table is called data. I thought that might be ambiguous since I put the word data in the table.

Try a procedure that works:

1. read the data from csv [just a weird format]

2. copy, paste table in a Mathcad input table

3. nothing wrong to append units in a calculated vector

4. but if you construct [X Y]:= [data<0> *unit data<1>*unit]

5. that can only go in plots, for fitting "Units don't match",

or "Can't use units in there"...

jmG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Post a worksheet.

Mike

current:=data^1*A

Try outputting the data table on the mathcad sheet. The only time I've seen this fail is when something is wrong with the table and MathCad can't recognise the column as a vector. (EXCEL has an unfortunate tendency to format some nubers as "text," and then output that formatting. Look through "data" for numbers with quotes around them--that's Mathcad for text, "not a vector".

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's already been said, but...

Please post a worksheet.

Top Tags