cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How do I get my old mathcad files into Prime 2?

fstulen
1-Newbie

How do I get my old mathcad files into Prime 2?

I can't seem to get hold of anyone at PTC to actually ask a question, very frustrating and not very customer focused. My comapnay moved to Prime2 and I need to transalate my old Mathcad files up to it. MathCad had a free 3--day download of MathCad 15 that allowed you to convert older files to Prime2. After jumping through a few hoops I managed to get 15 loaded. Unfortuantely for me, I let the 30-day trial lapse. So now I'm stuck. I can't even figure how to buy an indivdual or academic license for 15 just so I can start using Prine.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

If you buy/bought Prime (2 or 3) you get a copy of Mathcad 15 for free. The license file you run Prime with will also make Mathcad 15 happy.

So the first step is to look in the license information page in Prime where the license file is located. Then run Mathcad 15 - it will suggest to start the license manger - let it do (or start MC15 with parameter /license). Then point the program to the license file of Prime.

If Prime is running off a license server using a floating license, just point MC15 to that license server.

Top Tags