cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to do plus and Minus sign in Mathcad Prime 4

jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member

How to do plus and Minus sign in Mathcad Prime 4

Hi everyone, I've seen that this question has been asked before but not to Mathcad Prime 4.0. I've tried using the caracter map, insert the plus minus sign into a function but it does not recognize it as a function but a variable that you have to define. Some recommend to write some type of command so you can define the plus or minus character. Ok lets say that I obtain Plus and minus character from charactermap. What type of a function or equation should I define it on as to it gives me a asort of "multiplier" perhaps to any number I applied it on so it would give me the function of a plus or minus sign. I can not think of anything. I tried using matrices but I can not find such operator. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jrodriguez-9)

What, would you say, should the 'plus-or-minus' function applied to its argument (e.g. the number 4) result in?

Luc

Sorry, but the posts you have been looking at refer to Mathcad 15 and earlier, not Mathcad Prime. Mathcad 15 and earlier offered prefix, postfix, infix, and tree operators. Unfortunately, PTC butchered Mathcad, and a great many features are missing, including those operators.

You need to use the +/- symbol as a function definition. You can then call it as a function, but in Prime not in a very desirable way.

plus minus.png

Top Tags