cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to make angle a unit type in Mathcad Prime 3.1

dsochor
5-Regular Member

How to make angle a unit type in Mathcad Prime 3.1

In the attached Mathcad Prime 3.1! worksheet I am attempting to graph slope vs. distance on a beam. On the vertical axis is slope. How do I specify angle as the unit type?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dsochor)

"angle" is not a unit of "slope". Slope is a ratio of two numbers (change in y divided by change in x). The angle (the angle you probably want, anyway) is the arctan of the slope. By default the units for the angle are radians, but you can put "deg" in the units placeholder to change the displayed unit to degrees.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dsochor
5-Regular Member

Any ideas?

nas0k
7-Bedrock

I don't have 3.1 to see what you are doing, but the attached file (Prime 3.0) may help.

dsochor
5-Regular Member
(To:nas0k)

Thank you Norm. It looks like your attachment is graphing functions without units, as opposed to "angle" as a unit.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

"angle" is not a unit of "slope". Slope is a ratio of two numbers (change in y divided by change in x). The angle (the angle you probably want, anyway) is the arctan of the slope. By default the units for the angle are radians, but you can put "deg" in the units placeholder to change the displayed unit to degrees.

Top Tags