cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there a way to reverse for the following ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Is there a way to reverse for the following ?

Hello,

I have a question, wish learning, and need help. Is there a way to reverse for the following ?

1.PNG

2.PNG?,---> 3.PNG

Thanks in advance for the time and help.

Regards,

Loi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:lvl107)

Loi,

Even if it is possible, it won't be that easy without understanding how the algebra system works. The key point is that the algebra system will keep on converting your expressions into its internal standard form, which tends to defeat your purpose (but makes it easier for the computer programmer).

Sometimes you can use the keywords to explicitly extract certain parts of the expression, or tell the elgebra system to isolate particular variables, which can help in getting the re-arrangement you want.

The other feature of algebra systems is the potential lexicographic ordering of variable names, where some variabels are taken first. I'm not syure how MathCAD does this when passing the variables across to the MuPad engine.

Philip

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:lvl107)

Loi,

Even if it is possible, it won't be that easy without understanding how the algebra system works. The key point is that the algebra system will keep on converting your expressions into its internal standard form, which tends to defeat your purpose (but makes it easier for the computer programmer).

Sometimes you can use the keywords to explicitly extract certain parts of the expression, or tell the elgebra system to isolate particular variables, which can help in getting the re-arrangement you want.

The other feature of algebra systems is the potential lexicographic ordering of variable names, where some variabels are taken first. I'm not syure how MathCAD does this when passing the variables across to the MuPad engine.

Philip

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:PhilipOakley)

Thanks for your hinting, Philip. (It's a nice explanation). From the hint above, I have gotten the following ...:

4.PNG

Thanks again.

Regards,

Loi.

Top Tags