cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Link Variable from another worksheet to another

Tidus
1-Newbie

Link Variable from another worksheet to another

Helou,

im newbie in Mathcad. I have question about this problem (in teoretical way): I wanna use one variable from worksheet 1 (where is calculated) to another worksheet 2 as imput to calculate the output.

Can i do this with hyperlinks?

I think MathConnex can do this?

Any idea?

thanks

Vlado
3 REPLIES 3
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:Tidus)

Reference sheets are the answer

Insert > Reference

This effectively inserts (by reference) the whole sheet at that point so the variables and their values are available from then on.

Philip Oakley
Tidus
1-Newbie
(To:Tidus)

hmm but when i change variable in worksheet 1 then in worksheets 2 dont update..(i have set automatic calculation).

hmm?

Vlado,

You're right. It doesn't update on the fly, but only if you reload worksheet2.

What does worksheet1 do? Is it used stand alone as well?
Either way, I suppose worksheet1 contains some functions, where variable1 is input.
If worksheet1 is useless without worksheet2, you could consider to move the definition of variable1 to worksheet2 BEFORE the reference to worksheet1.
Additionally be sure that Worksheet1 only contains functions. In Worksheet2, AFTER the reference to worksheet1 you can call any defined function (also when it's defined in Worksheet1) with a.g. Variable1 as parameter, and get the result.
If worksheet1 does have a use without/apart from worksheet2, you might consider using a (another) wrapper worksheet around Worksheet1 for that purpose.

Hope this helps,
Luc
Top Tags