cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MATHCAD 15 No Longer Available

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

MATHCAD 15 No Longer Available

This has affected me again.  This has been a recurring problem.  I responded to Mitch G. and fully explained my situation.  He provided NO HELP.  Just sent me to a website that was no help.

My 10 year-old PC is showing signs of failing.

I still have my original Product Code and MED-60602-CD-150_M050.zip file, as well as the unzipped files, plus my sales receipt indicating my license is perpetual for my academic version of MATHCAD 15.  I also have my original license file.

Apparently, MATHCAD 15 cannot be re-installed with all my above original information without having to contact PTC; it will this be another painful process?

I have been using MATHCAD since well before PTC took over.  I think I started with MATHCAD 3, definitely before MATHCAD 6.  After PTC took over MATHCAD, the licensing and installation were the most painful, convoluted processes I have ever encountered with newly purchased software.

I guess I am out of luck and will have to seek alternatives.

Reg
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

try http://support.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenterSingleUser.htm page to move your license from OLD MAC address to NEW MAC address.

OLD MAC address = physical address of network card installed in old computer

NEW MAC address = physical address of network card installed in new computer

Martin Hanák
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks much. That looks helpful.

Reg Curry @Comcast
Reg

>I guess I am out of luck and will have to seek alternatives.

See www.smath.com

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Thanks. I have that on my PC also. However, I am having trouble getting a function to fit data. No one has been able to explain the inputs for fit(5) or fit(6). As long as I am not trying to fit data, it works well.
Reg
Eric_S
10-Marble
(To:regcurry)

Hello @regcurry . In the past I had good results with the function finder at http://www.findcurves.com/ but this was a year or more ago. If still working it might be some help. As I remember, you could upload a file of your datapoints and the function finder would propose several alternative fitting functions.

As far as I see the fit and Fit functions are available through the Maxima Plugin. Even if you have added this plugin you would also need to install Maxima separately and tell SMath where to find it.

If all is installed correctly it should work like shown here

https://en.smath.com/forum/yaf_postsm32922_Curve-fit-function.aspx#post32922

by the author of the plugin. He also provides a link to a portable SMath installation with preinstalled plug-ins and maxima, but it dates back to Oct. 2020.

This customizable, modular approach with many available custom plug-ins with comprehensive, mediocre or no documentation is the reason, why some people love and some people hate that kind of non-commercial software and some just become desperate because of the many configuration possibilities ...

Top Tags