cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

MC Prime - Form Over Substance

vroberts
6-Contributor

MC Prime - Form Over Substance

I just installed Mathcad Prime 1,0. (Yes, I know I'm way behind the curve here.) Well the fancy fonts look nice, but they make the equations harder to read, in addition to being slower to render. Who's bright idea was it to abandon Mathcad and develop this toy in its place? I was also interested in the fact that the installation of the Help module, was both deeply flawed and very different than the installation of the program, module. PTC must have contracted out the help module.

5 REPLIES 5

Victor,

It sounds like your installation might have some issues. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. And perhaps your symbol font is corrupted. Some people have had this issue, which has nothing to do with the Mathcad install, but manifests itself in Mathcad. You can find the symbol font somewhere else and reinstall it.

The Mathcad Unimath font should not be any slower to render, and it is also used in in Mathcad 14 and 15, so it should not be harder to read.

If you run the default install, rather than the custom one, Help installs at the same time as Mathcad Prime 1.0.

We are finishing up work on Mathcad Prime 2.0. It includes these additional features:

• 3D plots
  • Symbolics
  • Excel component
  • Collapsible areas
  • Support for 64-bit processing
  • Multithreading
  • new KNITRO solvers
  • additional smaller features.

Mona

vroberts
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

I don't understand your response. Since I don't like the new design and find the new default fonts make the work sheet harder to read, you assume I have a corrupt installation? Why is the problem with new software always on the user side? Is it even possible to understand that some of the choices made by the software designers are not the same choices that all your users would choose for themselves?

And, yes, the Help module does install right after the main module, but the installation is flawed by the fcat that the installer does not terminate correctly.

Vic Roberts

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:vroberts)

Why is the problem with new software always on the user side? Is it even possible to understand that some of the choices made by the software designers are not the same choices that all your users would choose for themselves?

There has been many discussions about Prime in this forum and most people are aware that it is a work in progress, especially Mathcad Prime 1.0. That is why M15 was included with it.

Mathcad Prime 2.0 as Mona states in being developed and is an improvemnt on Prime 1.0.

Mike

Vic,

I was pointing out that there is no new math font in Mathcad Prime 1.0. This is the first I've heard that the font is hard to read, so I suspect there is an issue with the font on your system.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:vroberts)

The fonts are the same fonts as in mathcad 14 and 15. Also, one font will not be slower to render than another.

Prime is generally slower though

Top Tags