cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Maintain hyperlinks in pdf versions of Mathcad

CW_10107082
1-Newbie

Maintain hyperlinks in pdf versions of Mathcad

Is there a way to maintain hyperlinks in the pdf versions of Mathcad documents?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

The answer is yes as far as I know.

It is the PDF printer that controls whether links are preserved not the software that created the links.

Save the Prime document as rich text format "rtf".  The links are preserved through this process.

Adobe's PDF Maker (part of adobe acrobat pro) will preserve the links when it makes the pdf from the rtf file according to the web..

I do not have adobe acrobat pro to test the theory from the web about PDF Maker.

Cheers

Terry

I played around and the only way to talk Prime into preserving links (apart from saving in its native format)  is to let it export the file in Richt Text format, as Terry already wrote.  Even local links (jumps to tagged regions inside the file) are preserved that way.

I tried to open the rtf file in Libre Office Writer and used its export function, but the links were gone.

When I opened the rtf in Word and exported the file as xps/pdf, local links were gone, but external links worked as expected. So this may be an option for you.

Top Tags