cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

MathCAD programming

SM_6465178
5-Regular Member

MathCAD programming

Hi All, 

I have been given the task of trying to make this MathCAD program work in Prime. It works perfectly well in MC15 but throws up unit errors in Prime. 

SM_6465178_0-1701998442644.png

I was guessing that it had something to do with the unit which is Newtons, which I added in, but it still doesn't work. Any advise on where this is going wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

You definitely would have to post the worksheet.

Your screenshot does not show which error message is thrown (I assume its about a unit mismatch) and we cannot trace the error in pic to see where exactly in the program the error occurs.

Furthermore we don't see the definition of the variable "int"  -  it should be something with unit m^2/s^2

We also don't see how the function "near" is working, though I guess it has nothing to do with a unit mismatch.

So my best guess just from the pic is that "int" may have the wrong unit,

In case this is not the case, you'll have to post the worksheet and it may help if you post the working MC15 sheet as well.

You closed the thread - so what exactly was the problem?

SM_6465178
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I didn't mean to not sure why it closed

You marked my answer as accepted solution which usually means that the question is answered and the problem is solved.
So I was curious as to what the problem in your case was - was it the units of the variable "int" as I guessed?

SM_6465178
5-Regular Member

Unfortunately I think I clicked in the wrong place.

Will post the MathCAD sheet on Monday.

SM_6465178
5-Regular Member

Hi Werner_E,

I had another look, and it was pretty obvious once I re-read all the formula that I had in there again. The units for UDL were in kg/m but the result was to be reported in Newtons. Changed the report to be the same as what the original was using (kg) and it worked. So many years of ignoring the unit has led to a bit of complacency on my part. But thank you for coming back to me so soon.

Shane 

Top Tags