cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MathCad 12 Student Edition

PhilippTuchel
1-Newbie

MathCad 12 Student Edition

Dear Sir or Madam, I have recently bought the MathCad 12 Student Edition, but unfortunately it has neither worked on Windows XP nor on Windows Vista properly. First I have entered the Product-Key on both systems correctly and MathCad has been installed. On Windows Vista I have not been able to open mathcad.exe. To activate MathCad I have to open it, right? On Windows XP I have had the same problem besides opening mcad.exe for activation. After double-clicking on mathcad.exe and mcad.exe I have seen a running window, but it has been shut down. What is my fault? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance. Best regards, Philipp Tuchel
2 REPLIES 2

You may try the help page for Mathcad 12 https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/kdb.jsp?Product=Mathcad&Release=12&DocType=kdb_article The help page for Mathcad 13 can also be gotten to from the page above and it contains some other things you may encounter with activation problems. I recently tried to put Mathcad 12, which I successfully ran on my old computer, on a new computer but I also had problems activating it. I think my problems, however were related to my computer being a Mac with a partitioned hard drive containing Windows XP. In talking with the tech people I was informed however that Mathcad 12 can no longer be activated automatically. It must be done manually, but this still requires that you go through the activation wizard and get a license number and request code, which it sounds like you wouldn't be able to do. My best guess would be to call the technical support. The US number is 1-781-370-5204.

Sorry, I see now that you are in Germany. Here is the tech support number for Germany +800-PTC-4-HELP (00-800-78-24-43-57) You may also check out this help forum http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000 I think some people there were having issues with Windows Vista.
Top Tags