cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

MathCad 14 failure to start

rbaker
1-Newbie

MathCad 14 failure to start

I've recently reloaded MathCad 14 onto my re-imaged Windows 7 computer on which it used to operate but the program will not start up. The icon on the task bar 'glows' and then dissappears without any request to find the licence. Has anyone come across this before and knows the answer?

Thanks in advance

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Luc. I went back to the MathCad CD and adding the MDAC program seems to have fixed it. The .net wouldn't go on as the error message said it was unsuitable for 64 bit.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:rbaker)

Hi!

I'm not really sure, but I believe that M14 is more suitable for windows XP. Although I currently use different machines, M15 on win 7, M15 on win 10, on an old computer running Win XP sp3, M14 works correctly.   It may be that the problem will be resolved with a recovery of win 7 and a reinstallation of M14. In addition, in the tab: "Programs and Functionalities" of win 7, there is the option "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows".

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Mathcad 14 should run on Win7 without problems (Mathcad 11 also ran on it).

Do you have the proper version of .Net installed? And the other prerequisites?

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

Mathcad 11 ran only on 32 bit Win 7, not 64 bit (except in XP mode).

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

The reason Mathcad 11 doesn't run on Win7/64 is because of the Cdilla license protection, which uses a kernel mode driver in 32bit that Win7/64 doesn't allow (but oddly WinXP/64 does allow).

I've seen only Mathcad 14 installations with FlexLM, that should pose no problem on Win7/64.

Luc

Thanks Luc. I went back to the MathCad CD and adding the MDAC program seems to have fixed it. The .net wouldn't go on as the error message said it was unsuitable for 64 bit.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

That probably (also) due to a 32/64 bit issue. You probably would have to install the 64bit .Net of the proper version then.

But as I understand it runs now, problem solved.

Luc

rbaker
1-Newbie

Thanks for your help Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You're welcome.

I propose you mark your answer, where you mention how installing the MDAC component helpt to get it going, as 'the answer'.

Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

What a service release of Mathcad 14 you have installed? Note that Mathcad 14 M035 is the latest service release for MC14.

Thanks Vladimir. I think it is M020.  I went back to the MathCad CD and adding the MDAC program seems to have fixed it. The .net wouldn't go on as the error message said it was unsuitable for 64 bit.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Just note that the system requirements for Mathcad 14 are as follows:

Pic_1.png

Here you can find a "Release Notes" for Mathcad 14: Release Notes for Mathcad 14

Release Notes for Mathcad 14

Top Tags