cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 13 incompatible with XP service pack 3?

ptc-2786698
1-Newbie

Mathcad 13 incompatible with XP service pack 3?

I recently tried to use MC13 after a lapse of 2 years or so. It used to run on this computer, but now the program wont launch, just dies silently. I tried reinstalling the program, but no luck. Since my last successful use, I upgraded the computer from XP Service PAck 2 to Service Pack 3 - Is there an incompatibility with SP#? Any other suggestions on getting Mathcad to run again will be welcome. - Mark
6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2786698)

Go to "control panel", "administrative tools", "services", and check that the C-DillaCdaC11BA process is running. If it's not, start it, and also go to it's properties and change the startup type to automatic. Richard

Richard - Thanks very much for the suggestion. The service C-DillaCdaC11BA is running and startup type is automatic, but Mathcad still won't start. Do you know of any error log I might read to get some idea of what is going on? At present, the failure is totally silent and I have no clue. - Mark
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

OK. That's the license service. Some others have had the installation of SP3 apparently stop it. If it's not that, try going to C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad\13 and deleting the folder LocalAssemblyCache and all it's contents (it will be recreated next time you start Mathcad). Richard

Richard - OK, I found and deleted the LocalAssemblyCache folder, but MC13 still doesn't start. For what it's worth, the LocalAssemblyCache folder doesn't reappear, probably because the application launch is not getting far enough. Are there more steps to try? Thanks. - Mark
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Check here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/kdb.jsp?Product=Mathcad&Release=13&DocType=kdb_article Does it give you any error message? Richard

Richard - No error message, no output at all, just a brief hourglass. I'll have a look at the web page you noted. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf! - Mark
Top Tags