cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 15

ptc-6522157
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15

I have a question about the mathcad prime 3.0 I purchased. At the bottom it mentions the installation of mathcad 15 which I prefer to use. It says use the same product code that was given at the top but i already used it to download mathcad prime 3.0. Can I use both programs with the same code if i have already downloaded prime 3.0?

1 REPLY 1

As far as I know Prime and Mathcad share the same license file, not the same product code. The product code is valid only for the installation of Prime, not Mathcad.

The product code is not necessary for downloading but rather is used during the installation to entitle you to get a license file bound to your hardware during installation.

When you already have installed Prime you already got a license file which is valid for both versions. Download Mathcad 15 and when you install it, tell it to use an already existent license file and point it to the license.dat which was created for Prime.

Top Tags