cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad Plus 6.0 MCD Files

pbrüll
1-Newbie

Mathcad Plus 6.0 MCD Files

I just began working for this company and we have around 2500 .MCD Files from Mathcad Plus 6.0.

Mathcad Plus 6.0 works okayish on Windows 7, however printing makes it freeze.

So I thought I would give the newest Version of Mathcad a try and wanted to convert one of those files to the new format as that seems to be neccessary.

However the converter complains that I need Mathcad 15 installed on the system.

So, it seems we are stuck with Mathcad 6.0 as there are no update files for this version.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:pbrüll)

So it seems that you have Prime? Then you have a license to install and use Mathcad 15, which should read those file with no problem.

Download Mathcad 15 (service release M045), install it and enjoy.

My advice is not to bother converting those files, but simply use them in Mathcad 15, because Mathcad 15 is superior over any version of Prime existing as well as those appearing within the coming few months (if any...).

Success!

Luc

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

You can download & install Mathcad 15 here:

http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/free-trial

If you buy Mathcad Prime, you can use its license file on Mathcad 15.  You can stop there and just use Mathcad 15, or you can then convert your files to Mathcad Prime.  Note, however, that Mathcad Prime has fewer features than Mathcad 15.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

To avoid freezing, when you want to print a worksheet, you should try first to disable automatic calculation, especially in the case of very large worksheets (many MB) and then launch (before the preview, possibly) printing.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Note that the user-interface changed considerably between Mathcad 6 and Mathcad 15.  (I'll not talk about Prime...)

If you are new to Mathcad that will not be a problem, but your new colleages (those who created those Mathcad 6 files, if they're still with the company) will notice.

Also important to know is that you cannot save to Mathcad 6 format from within Mathcad 15 (you can go as low as Mathcad 11).

This means that any files created/changed and saved in Mathcad 15 will not be readable in Mathcad 6.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags