cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 XMCD Converter Fails

vroberts
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime 2.0 XMCD Converter Fails

After yers of ignoring Prime, I decided to give it a try. Tried to convert a couple of very simple Mathcad 15 worksheets and all failed, with a mesage that the conversion was aborted.

I have Mathcad 15 020 and Prime 2.0 installed on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

What is the trick to make this work?

Vic Roberts

I've added some of the warksheets that failed to convert. They are VERY simple.

4 REPLIES 4
Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:vroberts)

Hello Vic,

I've converted your file (see attachement) from MC 15 to MC Prime 1.0. Although the result is not appealing, the converter somehow garbled text and math regions, it works. As much as I know, MC Prime 2.0 can read MC Prime 1.0 files without conversion.

Cheers

Raiko

P.S.

I gave MC Prime 1.0 a try too. According to the forum you should wait for MC prime 3.0.

vroberts
6-Contributor
(To:Raiko)

Thanks. I wonder if it worked for you because you used the Prime 1.0 converter and I used 2.0, or because of some other issue. However, it really doesn't matter. I'm going to continue with MC15 for now. I was just checking to see how the "prime project" was going, and it still seems to be not ready for prime time. (No pun intended.)

Vic

No idea what could cause the conversion to fail for you.

I have tried one of your sheets with Mathcad 15 M010 (I was not aware that M020 is already available - download is already running 😉 and Prime2 M010. OS is Windows XP (32 bit of course). So it seems not to be a Prime1 vs. Prime2 issue.

I skipped Prime1 and gave Prime 2.0 a try but am more than disappointed. Maybe it's a typo and should read Prime 0.2?

WE

Hello,

Try to contact with PTC's tech support and log this issue by using "Mathcad Support Center":

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

Top Tags