cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0: how to solve equation for a variable?

JohnDoe
2-Guest

Mathcad Prime 2.0: how to solve equation for a variable?

Dear mathcad fans,

I would like to know how to solve an equation for a variable?

I have an equation with two unknowns L1 and C1 (see attached), and I want to solve it for L1, ie in the form L1=f(C1).

Any idea how to get that?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

7 REPLIES 7

Like so?

Alan

Thanks Alan. Brilliant as usual.

Now I want to plot both solutions in an XY-Plot for C1 ranging from 10^-12 to 50*10^-12 in steps of 0.1*10^-12 (unit for C1 is farad).

The problem is that i get an error message "plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaN by real numbers".

What is wrong?

John Doe wrote:

Now I want to plot both solutions in an XY-Plot for C1 ranging from 10^-12 to 50*10^-12 in steps of 0.1*10^-12 (unit for C1 is farad).

The problem is that i get an error message "plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaN by real numbers".

What is wrong?

What are the values (and units) of w700, w960 and Lp700?

I've shown a plot in the attached, but of course the values of the above are quite arbitrary - you will need to replace them with the correct ones.

Alan

I am still struggling with plotting under Mathcad Prime.

Can anyone please have a look at the attached file? Always I think I have finally understood how to plot under mathcad but this is unfortunately not the case.

Thanks

P.S: Is it possible the change the value for C1 only one time and get simultaneously the results for L1 and L2?

AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:JohnDoe)

Like this?

regards

Andy

A variant on Andy's.

Alan

Top Tags