cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Prime Headers/Footers and Page Numbers

polarnaut
6-Contributor

Mathcad Prime Headers/Footers and Page Numbers

I just started using Mathcad Prime and I'm having problems with Headers and Footers -- specifically inserting page numbers. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and found a fix or if I'm just not doing it right.

When I double click on the header/footer region, the region opens up for editing; however it won't let me enter text/math regions. The only way I can get text into the header/footer is by typing in the main body and then cutting and pasting it into the header/footer. When I try to use page numbers (Document -> Headers and Footers -> Page Number) whether I am in the main body or the header/footer region, the page number options in the page number menu is greyed out and I can't use them. The situation is the same for "Saved Date" menu.

Am I doing something wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Brett,

They should be working. Page numbers can only be inserted into the Header/Footer areas of the worksheet. Once you double-click on the header, it should turn white, and then you can insert page numbers, text and math. The math will not calculate in the Headers. I'm not sure why you are having problems inserting into the header.

Mona

polarnaut
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

I have been unable to recreate this problem in blank worksheets; however, I may have figured out what was causing the problem in the worksheet that I was working in. It seems to have been tied to switching between grid sizes. When I originally tried (unsuccessfully) puttinig in the page number, I had the grid size at "fine", but when I switched it to "standard", I was able add in the page number. This was cumbersome because I had to cut out all of my work and paste it back in after I changed it back to fine grid size because everything gets messed up when you change grid sizes with work already in the worksheet.

Brett,

I don't have Mathcad Prime 1.0 installed right now, since we are working on Mathcad Prime 2.0. In the version in development, you can insert text regions and page numbers in the header with fine grid spacing, so if there was a bug, it's been fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mona

I would like to add that the inability to create seperate headers for the sheet vs subsequent sheets is major inconvenience in setting up sheets, as well as not having templates to save as templates and have them available for easy choice. is this what we are paying our annual maintenance contract for - a not ready for Prime time product? I would have thought that by the second year it would be more advanced (Prime 2 over Prime 1)

Top Tags