cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad and Windows 7

JosephKuhn
1-Newbie

Mathcad and Windows 7

After a several years of inactivity I have started using Matchcad 14 again. Previously I was running under Windows XP and Windows Vista and the program worked fine. Now I am using Windows 7 and a number of features are no longer working.

Array table formatting doesn't work. I can format a result as a matrix but not a table.

2D plots work but not 3D plots.

None of the Control buttons (Radio, Push Button, Slider, etc.) work.

These are all the problems I have found so far. The program seems to be working fine in other respects.

Has anyone out there encountered a compatibility problem with Mathcad 14.0 and Windows 7?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

31 REPLIES 31

Thanks! Actually the Tech Support contacted me yesterday, and were able to resolve the problem, similar to what you suggested. But the thing is I have to switch to Basic Windows 7, and change my display to 16-bit, which is kind of annoying to do everytime I want to use Mathcad 15! Tech. Support suggested to upgrade my graphic card, though I bought my laptop almost 5 months agao. I hope a real solution of this issue comes soon!

M. Sabra

To all in the community who responded to my request for help, thank you.

I finally took a brute force approach and removed Mathcad 14 and reinstalled. Big mistake? Except for some of the more exotic features (3D plots, table view of an array, buttons), Mathcad was working before the reinstall. Now it doesn't. The install went successfully but when I try to run Mathcad all I get is the little PTC/Mathcad window which just sits there and nothing happens.

Despite over 20 years of using Mathcad and updating it, I have nothing to show for my loyalty to the product. PTC has thoroughly insulated themselves from user like me, a retiree and student. Buying a service contract or paying for Mathcad 15 are impractical on my budget.

I will not be bothering the commumity anymore with my problems. Again, thank you for your help.

Top Tags