cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad-how to fit and optimize two objective functions

BH_10642669
3-Visitor

Mathcad-how to fit and optimize two objective functions

Hi guys, I`m a student major in chemistry. Recently, i`m confused this this interpretation, The equation"The method proposed here for determining the kinetic parameters is a multistage procedure. First, the Pearsons linear correlation coefficient between the left-hand side of eq 15 and the reciprocal of temperature is used as the objective functionfor optimization, where n and m are the variable parameters to maximize the objective function. Here, optimization has been performed by means of the maximize function of Mathcad software (Mathsoft inc.). By this optimization procedure, the n  and m parameters that yield the best linear correlation for the plot of the left-hand side of eq 15 versus the reciprocal of temperature are obtained".  The equation is shown below. So I was wondering how can I implement this derivation through Mathcad.

equation.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Need some data to work with.

Can you tell us the paper that the quotes come from?

Cheers

Terry

Thanks for you reply, the paper was titled Combined Kinetic Analysis of Solid-State Reactions: A Powerful Tool for the Simultaneous

Determination of Kinetic Parameters and the Kinetic Model without Previous Assumptions on the Reaction Mechanism from https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jp064792g#

Hi,

Downloaded the paper thank you.

Proposing an alternative strategy to multiphase process of optimizing for maximum Pearson's linear correlation coefficient used in the paper.

Prime has a general purpose curve fitting function called genfit() that can fit any function with any number of parameters to x and y data modelled or experimental.

Function genfit() easily produces the model equations parameter c, n, & m values from Table 1 of the paper

Cheers

Terry 

It`s very kind of your detail answer about the fitting of the model function in Tabel 1 by the useful genfit(). In fact, i`m more interested in the Pearsons linear correlation coefficient between the left-hand side of eq 15 and the reciprocal of temperature. For a decomposition reaction, a represents the convesion of the reaction and the a, da/dt, T could be measured by instrument. To obtain the E and A of the reaction, the author of the paper conducted the above equation 15. In his viewpoint, the left of equation 15 is linear with the 1/T, so  we can change the parameter of n and m until the value of the left of equation 15 has the best linear correlation with 1/T.  Thus, n and m was obtained. And i`m confused how to do it through Machcad.

Top Tags