cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad starts then stops

ptc-3792558
1-Newbie

Mathcad starts then stops

Mathcad starts and then stops. Tried solutions offered in Google. Get error message in application logs. Running windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean

5 REPLIES 5

SEAN O'CONNOR wrote:

Mathcad starts and then stops. Tried solutions offered in Google. Get error message in application logs. Running windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean

Looks like you should contact PTC support

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

Try to be more precise there concerning Mathcad version, explaining what "stop" actually means , what solutions you tried and what the error message is.

The version is Mathcad 15 and you see it open in task manager then quit. It generates an event log. It is running the correct mdac, .net and msxml versions.

I would contact support. But our org decided not to renew.

Sean

SEAN O'CONNOR wrote:

The version is Mathcad 15 and you see it open in task manager then quit. It generates an event log. It is running the correct mdac, .net and msxml versions.

I would contact support. But our org decided not to renew.

Sean

The preliminaries you mentioned would have been the next question.

Was Mathcad 15 running OK on that machine ever or was it newly installed now?

I don't have to mention the possibility of uninstalling MC and doing a clean reinstall, don't I?

Your profile here states that you are still under maintainance, so I would give PTC support a try anyway.

Yep, total uninstall and reinstall done. I will try mathcad support again.

Sean

SEAN O'CONNOR wrote:

...Get error message in application logs...

Can you provide log file or screenshot of this error?

Top Tags