cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Memory problems with Mathcad 14 and Matcad 11 as an alternat

H.BakiIz
1-Newbie

Memory problems with Mathcad 14 and Matcad 11 as an alternat

I am working with large arrays with dimensions on the order of 10 - 50 million and having memory problems when using Mathcad 14, which is runnning on a Windows Server 2008 x64 with 8GB. Do you think I may get better performance if I switch back to Mathcad 11 or other older versions? Thank you beforehand for sharing your experience. HBI ...
2 REPLIES 2

"H. Baki Iz" wrote:

I am working with large arrays with dimensions on the order of 10 - 50 million and having memory problems when using Mathcad 14, which is runnning on a Windows Server 2008 x64 with 8GB. Do you think I may get better performance if I switch back to Mathcad 11 or other older versions?

Yes I do use functions to carry out operations, they help not only for the memory but also for speeding up the computations if the array dimensions are preallocated. However, even read functions sometimes fail, such as READPRN only reads about 7.5 million entries out of 24 million, autoinsert datafile (or tables) take a long time to load, and sometimes they fail. Fortunately READFILE works. 3D plots fail. Come to think of it, I may try to use a READ statement within a function, process the data, then exit with processed and simplified number of data. This may eliminate the allocation for the large input data for the rest of the program? Thank you for the inspiring comments! HBI...
Top Tags