cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

MetaData CreateObject Licence File Error

BStump-disabled
1-Newbie

MetaData CreateObject Licence File Error

I am trying the Persistent List Box by using MetaData. But when it runs I get a "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: 'CreateObject'" error which then starts the local license file setup. I have a floating license setup. It occurs on two of my machines so it is not a local issue. I am unsure if this method requires a fixed license or more than one floating license? I am attaching a file and you can see it it occurs for you as well.
6 REPLIES 6

Initially it comes up with a long winded error message about the licensed number of users being used up. So somehow it needs a second license of MathCAD to accomplish the metadata task.

It's a known problem with the Enterprise license. See:

http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?114943,63e#114943

Richard

Yes that appears to cover it. I am reading thru it to see if there is a solution.

Thanks.

Sadly I did not see solution to the issue in there. I appears I have to use the other method or use my older locked single user license to do this. I am starting a new job in a few weeks and plan on using MathCad extensively for standard engineering "canned" calculations. The metadata approach is far nicer than the other method but both work.

If you know of a solution to this please advise.

On 12/21/2009 11:48:33 AM, BStump wrote:
>If you know of a solution to
>this please advise.

Sorry, I don't. Having a single user license, I don't even have a way to test possible solutions to see if they work (which doesn't mean I have thought of any possible solutions, just that if did think of anything I have no way to test the idea).

Richard

I suppose that if we have enough free licenses available that at anytime these calls are made it can get a license then it would not be noticed. But to have to add licenses just for this seems a bad idea.
Top Tags