cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Multiplying Functions

ptc-4908634
1-Newbie

Multiplying Functions

Dear experts,

I'm working since three evenings to solve a (what I think) quite simple problem, but I can't manage to solve it. Therefore please help me!

I try to multiply two functions that dependend on the same variable (phi_wind). I want to recieve the solution phi_wind = [r_W(0°)^2, r_W(30°)^2, ... r_W(330°)^2] but MathCAD calculates the scalarproduct instead. I tried everything (for loop,...), but I never get the solution I want to have.

The calculation describes the turbulence problem of a wind turbine.

Thank you for your help,

Muh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad is right in calculating the dot product as rW(phi) is a vector. If you want the individual components be multiplied and forming a new vector you have to use "vectorize".

BTW, you have to click on "Erweiterten Editor verwenden" at the upper right corner of a new posting to be able to attach a worksheet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4908634)

Much easier to help if you post your actual worksheet. Looks like you want to use the "vectorize" function.

Mathcad is right in calculating the dot product as rW(phi) is a vector. If you want the individual components be multiplied and forming a new vector you have to use "vectorize".

BTW, you have to click on "Erweiterten Editor verwenden" at the upper right corner of a new posting to be able to attach a worksheet.

Top Tags