cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

New user with a few questions

dsaldivar
1-Newbie

New user with a few questions

I am a new user evaluating the product using Mathcad Express Prime 3.0. I am in my first 30 days so it is my understanding that I have full functionality. I have come across two issues that I was hoping to get some clarification. I searched the forums and the help files with no clear answer. So much of the help and forums seem to reference previous versions that it is bit difficult to navigate as a new user. The questions:

Is there functionality to use AND or OR in the IF statements?

If x>b AND x<c then DO SOMETHING else DO SOMETHING ELSE

If x>b OR x<c then DO SOMETHING else DO SOMETHING ELSE

Is there a way to specify the default units beside the three options of SI, USCS and CGS? I would like pressure shown in ksi, torque shown in ft-kips things like that. I know I can change them but it would be useful if I could set defaults.

1 REPLY 1

So much of the help and forums seem to reference previous versions that it is bit difficult to navigate as a new user.

Yes, many users prefer to use and stay with Mathcad 15 until Prime lives up to that older version incomfort and functionality. But there are just very few syntax differences so you can use the information given for older versions as well in Prime 3. Unfortunately Prime can't open files in MC15 or older format and so you would need MC 15 installed to be able to do so or to convert the file to Prime format.

The logic operators you are searching are in the Math ribbon/Operators/Comparison

25.04.png

In the first example you are also allowed to write b<x<c instead of the construction with the logical AND.

Is there a way to specify the default units beside the three options of SI, USCS and CGS? I

Unfortunately Prime offers no way to do that. Mathcad 15 and below had more options here, especially we have a Custom definable Unit System here. There furthermore where some more modifications possible by fiddling around with the system files, which where pure text format. In Prime the units system seems to be provided in DLLs and modification is not that easy possible. Since the release of Prime it was requested very often here that PTC should reintroduce at least those custom units, many also requested to go one step ahead and provide for custom dimensions. So far to no avail.

Top Tags