cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

No Topic

LHR-disabled
1-Newbie

No Topic

[2nd post with actual emaill address I apologize]]

I�m using MC 2000 Professional, trying to import a color JPG image into a B&W matrix A using A=: READ_IMAGE(�JPGTEST�). But I get error messages: �The image format is not supported� or �Can�t find the data file you�re trying to use�.
The JPG file is in the same directory as the MC files.

I�d appreciate some help

Louis Reynolds
louis_reynolds@msn.com
3 REPLIES 3

There is no need for a new post to correct your post. You can edit your own posts. You can also delete your own posts.

Additional data and corrections should not be posted in new threads. They should be replies in the thread to which they apply.

There is no need for your e-mail address in your signature. By and large people will respond (if at all) in the forum, not by e-mail. For those rare cases when e-mail is appropriate, your e-mail address is in the header of your posts.

On 7/2/2009 7:47:19 PM, LHR wrote:
>[2nd post with actual emaill
>address I apologize]]
>
>I�m using MC 2000
>Professional, trying to import
>a color JPG image into a B&W
>matrix A using A=:
>READ_IMAGE(�JPGTEST�). But I
>get error messages: �The image
>format is not supported� or
>�Can�t find the data file
>you�re trying to use�.
>The JPG file is in the same
>directory as the MC files.
>
>I�d appreciate some help
>
>Louis Reynolds
>louis_reynolds@msn.com

I have had this problem myself. The answer was very simple but still very puzzling. I loaded my jpg image into a paint package (Paintshop Pro in my case), then saved it back as a jpg. Then when I used the image read function - all was well. Its worth giving it a try, the worse you can be is still with the same problem, then try saving it as a bmp or something.

Dave Robinson
Rutherford Appleton laboratory

If that works, you can get a freeware program like ImageJ, which might do the same.

TTFN,
Eden
Top Tags