cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Out of Memory

H.BakiIz
1-Newbie

Out of Memory

I am using Mathcad 14 M030. The first statement is a read statement to read a text file with 56 M entries. I can only read in 35 M (appx). PC has 8 gig memory (windows 7 / Windows Server 2008). Is there anyway around this problem? or do I have to wait for the x64 version of Mathcad? HBI-
3 REPLIES 3

"H. Baki Iz" wrote:

I am using Mathcad 14 M030. The first statement is a read statement to read a text file with 56 M entries. I can only read in 35 M (appx). PC has 8 gig memory (windows 7 / Windows Server 2008). Is there anyway around this problem? or do I have to wait for the x64 version of Mathcad?

How much memory the PC has does not matter, as long as it's more than 2Gb. Mathcad is 32 bit, so can never access more than about 2Gb. That is further restricted by the fact that an array has to have a block of contiguous memory, which will not be that large. Maybe you can read it if you split the file in two pieces, and read them into two arrays. Even if that works though, I am not sure you will be able to do anything useful with it without running out of memory again. Richard

Exclusive run priority somehow addresses contiguous memory issue. Nonetheless, reading stops after 1.2 gig. Thank you gentlemen.
Top Tags