cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Output to specific Excel Worksheet (via excel component)

ArneClaußen
1-Newbie

Output to specific Excel Worksheet (via excel component)

Hello,

i want to send Data to different Worksheets in Excel.

But how kann i specify the Sheet in the output range?

Sheetname!A1 oder Sheetname:A1 does not work?

Can someone help me?

Greetings

12 REPLIES 12

Except in Mathcad 15, you can't set the sheet. In Mathcad 15 you can use the WRITEEXCEL function, but that is very non-flexible (in particular, it will only write an Excel file in XLXS format).

Here's a scripted component (written by Tom Gutman, not me) that will do what you want, in a very flexible way, in any version of Mathcad.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

I have this worksheet saved and filed, but cannot remember where I seen it posted.

Mike

I couldn't find the original thread either. That's why I reposted it

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

In my opinion that is one of the most important scripted components, before the release of Mathcad 15.

It's a little shame they included it in M15, makes the function a little less impressive.

Mike

It's a little shame they included it in M15, makes the function a little less impressive.

Not to me, and probably many others. My version of Excel will not read the new XML based format, so the new Mathcad function is completely useless.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Not to me, and probably many others. My version of Excel will not read the new XML based format, so the new Mathcad function is completely useless.

2007 or 2010?

Mike

You mean my version of Excel? It's version 2000.I'm too cheap to upgrade because the only thing I use Excel for is tabulating some data ocasionally. I use Mathcad for everything else. I do also have OpenOffice, which will read Excel 2007 XML files, but I would rather write the file from Mathcad in a format that my old version of Excel can read.

Actually, I misread the help anyway. READEXCEL can read from specified sheets and ranges, but WRITEEXCEL does not allow you to specify even the range, let alone the sheet! So the scripted component is still necessary.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You mean my version of Excel? It's version 2000.I'm too cheap to upgrade because the only thing I use Excel for is tabulating some data ocasionally. I use Mathcad for everything else. I do also have OpenOffice, which will read Excel 2007 XML files, but I would rather write the file from Mathcad in a format that my old version of Excel can read.

Exactly in the same boat. My employer just upgrade though because we still have engineer who have not converted yet.

Actually, I misread the help anyway. READEXCEL can read from specified sheets and ranges, but WRITEEXCEL does not allow you to specify even the range, let alone the sheet! So the scripted component is still necessary.

Great It's still worthwhile, until Prime is released.

Mike

Great It's still worthwhile, until Prime is released.

WRITEEXCEL in Prime has the same limitations, except that it will also wrrite to XLS files.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I'm getting a bad dose of de deja vu here. Are you sure Tom posted that worksheet? I know he posted the XLstorage function.

I have created mulitple threads on this topic and eventually got the answer I wanted. Although most of my work on using an Excel embedded component.

Mike

I'm getting a bad dose of de deja vu here. Are you sure Tom posted that worksheet?

I think I got it from one of his posts. The worksheet certainly conforms exactly to his default template.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I think I got it from one of his posts. The worksheet certainly conforms exactly to his default template.

Yes it does. I have just checked my saved file and it matches the one you posted.

Mike

Top Tags