cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Overview tab is missing a lot of threads!?

lturek
4-Participant

Overview tab is missing a lot of threads!?

Is this as it should be? Its not a Mathcad question but deals with this community software.

When I look at the tab "Overview"at "What is Everone Doing?" I see much less threads than when I chose the tab "Discussions".

As I had understood the "Overview" tab should show me all recent activities in the Mathcad community and in all its subfolders. Chosing "Discussions" will show me just the discussions in 'Mathcad' but not in the subfolders.

Why are the discussions which I see in the group 'Mathcad' not shown in the "Overview"??

See attached two screenshots of what I see. Six or seven threads in Mathcad are younger than the documents posted by Mr. Lusk but they don't show up in the overview. Both screenshots were made nearly immedeatly on after the other, so there is not much time delay.

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:lturek)

Its seems only questions related to the categories in the 'Mathcad' section are shown in the overview tab.

Everything else is placed the 'All Content' tab.

The overview tab also updates with the latest comment where the dicussions tabs does not.

lturek
4-Participant
(To:MikeArmstrong)

I think usually both update if anyone contributes to a thread.

But I guess you are wrong in your explanation in your other post. Its the other way around. When I navigate to PTC Community > Mathcad (http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad) I end up in the Overview tab and thats good as this is the ONLY tab which also would consider all the subgroups/subdirectories (whatever they are named) and shows whats going on there. All the other tabs just show the "root dir" of Mathcad but no subdirs (until of course I enter in one of those sub-spaces (now I got it right, I think).

So the Overview is important for me as it will give me an overview (sic!) of all Mathcad related threads.

At the time I am writing this I notice that all is OK again - the Overview tab shows me all the threads I was missing before. Obviously kind of a software hickup.

Thanks for your interest.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I had experienced the disappearance of postings in the overview window already sometimes in the past, but I never realized that they are still shown in the appropriate sub-space. They reappear if someone adds a post in the thread or usually automatically after some time. System hickup, as yoo wrote, seems to describe the effect best 😉

lturek
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Just now I experience the same problem again - annoying.

Too much hickup for my taste.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

It seems that I am not missing any threads at the time being - Overview and also Recent Content look reasonable. Of course I can not say for sure - there may be a thread missing which I don't remember and/or am not aware of.

But as already written, I noticed this effect quite a few times in the past and I agree that its nasty and should not occur.

OK, correction. I am just experiencing missing files, too. At least 4-5 threads are not shown up. Neither in the "What Is Everyone Doing" widget of the Overview tab nor in the "Recent Content" widget on my personalized page.

Looks like the "hickups" are getting worse 😞

Top Tags