cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Piles by Method of Deformation

OLUBUKOLAADEBOY
7-Bedrock

Piles by Method of Deformation

Good Afternoon Community,

Attached is a MathCAD worksheet that was developed and worked with MathCAD 12, and would not work in MathCAD 14 and 15. Would anybody please tell me what is the problem with the worksheet.

Regards,

Boyer

8 REPLIES 8

I have corrected your worksheet - see yellow operators in the attach.

Thanks foryour help.

Regards,

Boyer

It is very nice for me to get thanks three times

But!

Daniel!

Do you know about this error n this forum!?

Why do you not correct it!?

Very odd to see this behavior, replies in triplicate.

I corrected this thread for you.

Please let me know if you if you encounter this again.

Dan,
It happens a lot now. You post the replay, then get an error, so you select post again, and again, not realizing that it actually did post, each and every time you hit post.

On the other hand, Valery deserves at least 3 thank you's.

Thanks for validating Wayne. I'll dig into this.

In this topic the same error: http://communities.ptc.com/message/168826

Boyer,
I think something is wrong, but not with Mathcad.

I assume your pile cap is rigid?

If so and it has a moment and axial load, then the vertical actions on the pile are not equal.

Your model seams to imply that the piles are embedded in rock such as to fix the bottom and have no lateral support or reaction from the soil over their height, and then have rigid truss type links between them. These links force the piles carry the shear equally.

The moment applied to the pile group is somehow assumed to be distributed equally to three piles that independently rotate at the top to carry the moment. In addition, there is considerable P-Delta effects that must be carried by the piles since there is no soil support.

It is possible to construct a situation like this, but the assumptions on the pile cap are unusual.

Top Tags