cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pipeweights (Program)

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Pipeweights (Program)

I have attached a copy of a pipeweights calculation which I am required to do in work quite frequently, I was wondering if the calculation could be simplified into a program and how you would go about writing it?

The calculation works fine, it�s more for practice of writing programs than anything else.

Cheers in advance.

Regards

Mike
8 REPLIES 8

Mike,

yours is a set of simple calculations.

What type of "program" are you looking for, something like the attached?

Luc

Luc

That�s great I am trying to learn how to use the programming tools in Mathcad.

I have found following the examples in the help files quite confusing.

Your file shows both the long hand approach and program approach.

Regards

Mike

I tried to write a program which will calculate the weights of 5 pipelines for the given inputs also I have tried to incorporate a sensitivity analysis on the pipeline weight for the concrete density range in the sheet with no luck.

If anyone can think how the calc can be improved or has the time to include the sensitivity analysis it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

Some collabs do not have access to the latest version. Unless your problem is specific to the version you're using, broaden your audience by attaching a mathcad .MCD document saved to the lowest version available (If you're using version 14, that would be save as version 11).

Luc

Mathcad 11 file attached

Regards

Mike

Mike,

Here is your sheet returned with some remarks.

Success!
Luc

Luc

Cheers for looking at the spreadsheet, your comments have been noted and taken on board.

I am still struggling to follow your instructions for varying the density to include a sensitivity analysis.

Regards

Mike

Hi Luc
I managed to complete the sensitivity analysis in a sort of manor but as you can see in the graph i had to do it the long way.

Would there be a better way of extracting the data from the program?

The graph shows the submerged pipeweights for varying concrete thicknesses and densities.

Regards

Mike
Top Tags