cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Plot Export a Fundamental Requirement for My Use - Gone?

ptc-1929206
1-Newbie

Plot Export a Fundamental Requirement for My Use - Gone?

Hi,

I'm trying to switch to Prime. Here is a show-stopper that will have me trying Maple for the first time if I can't get it resolved:

I frequently used to Copy plots from Mathcad and Paste into Visio. Once in Visio, I would Un-Group and pretty things up with advanved notation, combine plots with figures, etc., etc.

This no longer seems possible.

Show.Stopper.

Am I missing that this very critical past feature is now entirely gone?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

I also tried to copy/paste from Prime 2.0 to different other programs (ppt, word...) without any success . What I do is kind of funy: PrintScrean and then copy where I need the pics. Any other ideas?

However, PTC claims that plotting and its functionality will be improved in Prime 3.0 (release: this summer).

Windows 7 also has the "Snipping Tool", but what gets grabbed in either case is just an image, not a collection of objects. Definitely not what is needed to do the manipulations that are critical to why I've been a user since 1995.

From what I had read we can expect the ability to "copy single regions from Prime and paste them as a picture in any other application" - explicitely mentioned is pasting into M$ Word. I am not sure if they have vector graphics in mind, though. They should, of course, especially given that the major product of PTC is a high end CAD software. So lets hope on improvements in Prime 0.3 (sorry, but its too hard for me to accept it as 3.0).

Concerning plots I don't know of much imporovements:

- improvements on countour plots (whatever)

- matrices are plotted as waterfall plots as default

- better look and feel of axis border values

- limit of 500000 datapoints as in Mathcad 15 and below (In Prime2 only 50000)

The info is from a link somebody posted here

http://www.qucosa.de/fileadmin/data/qucosa/documents/11444/SAXSIM_2013_Wuest_MathcadPrime3_0.pdf

Anybody more details about Prime3?

Top Tags