cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Print to PDF Problems

jgahan
1-Newbie

Print to PDF Problems

I am studying at Mississippi State University and am currently using a student version of Mathcad 15.  I am having trouble printing Mathcad files to pdf right now.

I used to be able to print to pdf through the print screen.  I had been using Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader Free software to open them in.  I decided to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro and did a free month trial.  With the Pro software I could still print Mathcad to pdf the same way as before.  I decided that I didn’t like Pro enough to start paying for it, so I deleted it and re-downloaded the original Free Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader software that I had previously been using.  Now, I cannot print to pdf anymore and am not sure why.  Anybody have any idea why this is happening and how i can get it back?

8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jgahan)

Adobe Reader does not have any printing capability. I use CutePDF.

Richard Jackson wrote:

Adobe Reader does not have any printing capability. I use CutePDF.

I just printed from Adobe Reader.

Harvey

I think he meant that Adobe Reader does not appear as a printing device. It depends on other device drivers in order to print.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dschenken)

That is exactly what I meant

I don't know Mathcad, but I surely know PDF/Postscript. Care to see my 1000 pages of Adobe reference materials? I think Adobe has them for free, but when I got them it was only via Addison-Wesley and they weren't free. Sigh.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

I'm assuming that the AdobePDF printer driver was uninstalled as a bundle when the trial version expired/uninstalled.

From what I have seen, the printer option did exist in version 9 , possibly in 10 but seems to have been removed from version XI.

Step 1: have a look in Control panel / devices and printers. Just to confirm that it isn't in the list of printers

Step 2: if you previously had the driver, then it is likely that windows will still have a copy of the install files, so try searching the C:\program files folder for "AdobePDF.inf". If you can find a copy of this then try following the instructions on "Acrobat: PDF Printer missing after installation on Windows 64-Bit", it might be all you need.

Step 3: If you can't find the file, you can always try installing a down rev version of adobe reader (I think revision 10 is still available) whether it has the printer driver install files or not is unknown.

Step 4: failing step 3, there are a good number of 3rd party pdf printer programs.as was suggested CutePDF is one. PDF995 is the one I (mainly) use & have had good performance from. It is free, so you do need to accept the advert/pop-ups that you won't get from the Adobe version

Hope this helps

Andy

It is free, so you do need to accept the advert/pop-ups that you won't get from the Adobe version

CutePDF has none of that. You do have to be careful about not allowing to install garbage toolbars for your browser, but that's all.

Top Tags