cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Problem with Graphs in Mathcad 15

RichardChristen
1-Newbie

Problem with Graphs in Mathcad 15

I recently opened a couple of worksheets in Mathcad 15 that I hadn't used in 4-5 years. They were created in an earlier version. The graph scales in these worksheets contain one or more numbers with a large number of decimals; for instance 0.299999999999 instead of 0.3. The number of these that appear in any particular axis (always the vertical) varies with the number of increments I assign to that axis. I've tried to change the number of digits after the decimal point [Format:Number Format] but nothing changes.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's a bug. If you make the y-axis go 0-2, instead of 2-0, no problem. If you switch the axes, then the same problem ocurrs on the x-axis. Right now, I can't see any way to fix it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Could you post an example worksheet.

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to do that. Is there a way to attache the file? Or do I have to create an image of the worksheet?

You can attach a file by selecting 'Use advanced editor' in the top right corner of the reply box.

Mike

The file is attached.

It's a bug. If you make the y-axis go 0-2, instead of 2-0, no problem. If you switch the axes, then the same problem ocurrs on the x-axis. Right now, I can't see any way to fix it.

wayne
3-Visitor
(To:RichardJ)

Yup, a bug, an upside down bug.

But, if you see the world as a structural engineer, and not a geotechnical engineer, all is good.

tmp.gif

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:wayne)

Yup, a bug, an upside down bug.

Unless it's on the x-axis, in which case it's a backwards bug

Some possible workarounds are in the attached.

Alan

Top Tags