cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Programming symbolically

Vibron(Updated)
1-Newbie

Programming symbolically

To community.

here I pose a simple question. To make mathemathical formalism compact I need

2 activ symbols:  Everybody knows  the operator  d/dx: It is called total derevative.

Derevation of a funktion with several varibles one needs the partial derevation and additionally

a time derevation , for example: p( point on top)

d f( q )/dt = ∂f(q)/∂q *dq/dt...........further partial drevations, if q vector

I need not text symbols but I need an activ operator :  ∂/∂q  and  q( point on top)

I am working with Jacobi matrices but in Mathcad Prime 2.0   I cannot find anything.

Please,  if anybody will read this, give me some ideas.

Vibron,  answers to manfred.neubauer20@email.de

4 REPLIES 4

Manfred, I do hope you receive a response to your question. If you do not, I recommend re-posting your question as a discussion rather than a blog.

Seems like you should be able to just define a function that includes all of the partial derivatives and q as an argument?

Dear Harvey,

I beg your pardon, I was 14 days on holliday.

I left my password at home. So I could not answer.

I can tell you ; I have got a funktion of 2 m in length.

And I use at the end of my work the Lagrangian Equation of 2 nd kind.

There are in this equation 2 partial derivatives.

In Mathcad a partial derivation does not exist.  One can do all with d/dx.

In the mathematical and physical space one can not do that.

I am aware now that engineers have there own tradition to do mathematics.

greetings

vibron

Vibron,

The snip below shows the functionality that I believe you are after, but I think you also want new symbols for the partial derivative operation.  I can't help with that.

Capture.JPG

Top Tags