cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Puzzle-29. Fill in all cats in the box.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Puzzle-29. Fill in all cats in the box.

I found a puzzle in the book store. It is 20$. I make it by Prime 9 worksheet.

It says it has two answers. Try it!

image.png

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for that!

9 was easy but 10 was tough, but finally I got it.

In order not to spoil the fun for others, I won't post my solution until you have declared the puzzle time being finished.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ttokoro)

Nice puzzle.

Puzzle was solved within 10 minutes (print, cut, solve).

Prime (7) solution attached.

Luc.

@LucMeekes wrote:

Nice puzzle.

Puzzle was solved within 10 minutes (print, cut, solve).

Prime (7) solution attached.

Luc.

I took me longer, but I could not be bothered to print and cutout the pieces but rather tried to visualize and used Mathcad (15 of course)  to see if it works as intended.

But it may be a good idea to post the solution in a locked area instead of sending it to @ttokoro  via PM as I did.

So here is my solution done in Mathcad 15. I add the start of an animation as a small hint ... 😉

catu.gif

I don't know if the solution is unique apart from the 7 other solutions which can be derived by rotation (the box is square) and mirroring (my solution is not symmetric)

The attached Mathcad 15 file also shows one of out of many possible solutions for 9 "cats" in an unlocked area.

Werner_E_1-1694978674603.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

So there are at least two different solutions (mine is point-symmetric).

Luc

Yes, there are at least two basically different solution - I now found a second solution which is point-symmetric, similar to yours.

Modified file showing both solutions attached.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ttokoro)

Thanks Werner_E and Luc. Unfortunatery, I can't convert and open the area by password.
I attach Prime 9 sheet without copy and cut each cat but only use comboboxes to move them.  

image.png

I guess its showdown time 😉

The password in my file for the locked regions is "Achteckkatzen" (without the quotes).

But because users which have no access to real Mathcad can't convert the sheet even when they know the password, I attach the unlocked file here.

Here the two solutions I found. The left one is the first that I found. When Luc wrote that his solution is point-symmetric, I looked further and found the one to the right. I only noticed now that right at the start ttokoro already wrote that there would be two answers 😉

cats2.gif

Top Tags