cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Re: How do I download an older version of Mathcad?

NW_11026484
2-Guest

Re: How do I download an older version of Mathcad?

Hi,

unfortunately only v7 and above is still available under this link?

Unfortunately my old hard disk with Mathcad v4 is broken and I still have a permanent license. How can I get a Mathcad 4.0 download?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:NW_11026484)

One problem might be to get hand on the old installation files for Prime 4. Main reason that versions below 7 are not offered for download anymore is that older versions include the third party muPad (from Mathworks) to do the symbolic calculations. So these versions can't be distributed by PTC anymore because of legal issues.

Another problem might be to get PTC to send you a new license file - unless of course if you have a backup of it stored in a safe place and not only the copy on your broken HD. The license usually bound to the MAC of your NIC, so as long as you are using the same network interface card, your old license file should work OK.

In any case you should try to contact the official PTC support for help.

But it may be that PTC interprets the "permanent" license in a way you won't like ...

The document Luc is referring to clearly states: "PTC will not be able to issue new licenses or provide access to software downloads for end-of-sale versions." Probably not what you expected when you bought a "permanent" license back in the day...

Top Tags