cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Recover lost data

ptc-6157241
1-Newbie

Recover lost data

Is it possible to recover a lost file data in mathcad prime 3.0 ?

I wasn't saving my project for about 3 hours and my computer shutdown - the reason is an interruption in the supply of electricity.

Is there any chance that mathcad left a dump file? what kind of extension is it and where can i find it? Maybe mathcad run something like file history?

Can someone help me?

Please it's realy important.

Is there any way to prevent this kind of situation? For example autosave ?

12 REPLIES 12
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6157241)

Unfortunately Mathcad Prime 3.0 does not have an Autosave feature so no.

This is a real big issue...Anyway Mike, thanks for the response.

I appreciate the selfless help

Take care.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6157241)

It is another missing feature that M15 and previous versions had and a fundamental feature IMO.

You can use Mathcad 15 with autosave option. And then convert your worksheet to Mathcad Prime 3.0. Your license will work for both Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Pic_1.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Good idea, but if you are going to use Mathcad 15 in the first place, why use Prime at all?

Mike,

Well if you need to share your worksheet with people who use only MP3?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Surley they will have M15 too

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MikeArmstrong)

Another option is that Piotr uses Prime Express, in which case he doesn't necessarily have MC15 (anymore).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Fair enough good point.

VladimirN. wrote:

You can use Mathcad 15 with autosave option. And then convert your worksheet to Mathcad Prime 3.0.

Great idea! Workflow would be better and so there is a more convenient and rapid sheet development. And there even is a very small chance that the converted sheet may actually work in Prime.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Now now Werner, you know what they say about sarcasm.......

Top Tags