cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Roark's formula Table 26 case 1c not working

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

Roark's formula Table 26 case 1c not working

Hi all

I copied the example from a Roark's datasheet (formula Table 26 case 1c) but it does not work. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Regards

JXb
5 REPLIES 5

See attached.

stv

Thanks. Much appreciated
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:JBlackhole)

There is one of the tables where there is a scaling error in indexing an array/vector.

If I remember it has a hard coded spacing factor in one of the equations where it should have used the particular variable.

It didn't show up in the handbook because the hard code and variable value were, if I remember right, 1". When one of my users put in his real values (e.g. 18mm) the array indexing of the results table went wrong/error/red.

Problem is I can't find the old email that told me where the problem was! (this was in the V11 vesrion)

Philip Oakley
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

In:
Table 24 Formulas for shear, moment and deflection of flat circular plates of constant thickness
Cases 2e - 2h Annular Plate With Uniformly Distributed Pressure q Over the Portion from ro to a; Outer Edge Fixed

just after:
Maximum deflection (magnitude):

Y[(r-b)*100/in,i := y(r,i)

The above is wrong (e.g. change the values of a & b to 300mm, 77mm to see error)

substituting for "in" with 'b' - use

Y[(r-b)*100/b,i := y(r,i)

same again for
Maximum slope (magnitude):
S[(r-b)*100/in,i := theta(r,i)

=>
S[(r-b)*100/b,i := theta(r,i)

Maximum radial moment (magnitude):
Maximum tangential moment (magnitude):
Maximum shear (magnitude):
Maximum radial bending stress (magnitude):
Maximum radial bending stress (magnitude): [Traverse!]

etc.

Philip Oakley

I just logged it for the next time Roarks is updated.

Mona
Top Tags