cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Saving a file deletes it...

ptc-3051801
1-Newbie

Saving a file deletes it...

...in a way.

I have 3 of 10 users are having this problem, Mcad versions 14 & 15, no pattern as far as file, type of calcs in the file, time of day, toally random as of now. Started happening out of the blue also. Basically the user tries to save the file, a window opnes saying that the the file that the user is in and using is not found. Second window says that the temporary file access is denied. The file stays open and unsaved, if the user tries a save as with the same file name the file will be saved BUT the size will be 0Kb and when opened again, empty. If they choose save as and rename the file all is saved.

I have not tried repairing or reinstalling yet, didn't know if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

What rights have these users? Try to save a document from an Administrator account.

All users are standard windows users on thier local machines, limited access to hard drives except where necessary. All have read/write access to the server folders where the files are located. Nothing has changed in the past year let alone in the past week or two, as far as I know.

Thanks

Steve

Top Tags