cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Scale in 2d plot

ebelmonte
8-Gravel

Scale in 2d plot

Hello all,

I have two questions regarding the use of the 2d interpolation function:

1. As you can see in the attached file, I cannot display the x-axis in the right way.
  2. How can I use the fit function for the get the results from an input array?

Thank.you very much!

Enrico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A standard 3D plot of a 2D array uses array indices for X and Y  axis.  To plot the FIT function, use "CreateMesh"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ebelmonte)

Hi Enrico Belmonte,

You have simply to remake the 3d plot, as I have done:

Belmonte.jpg

Saluti

FM

Hello FM,

Thank-you for your reply.

However on the x-axis I get vales between 0 and 10 and not between 1E4 and 2E4.

What about the second question?

Thank-you very much!

Enrico

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ebelmonte)

It seems to me that it's okay!?!?

Belmonte.jpg

Furhermore, you can use the following program for a more accurate plot, but with the condition that the input matrix be a square one:

Belmonte 1.jpg

Example of "fitfield" use, plotting the function f(x,y)=sin(x)*sin(y)/(xy)

Belmonte 2.jpg

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

> It seems to me that it's okay!?!?

No, the scale in x- and y-direction is not as requested.

A standard 3D plot of a 2D array uses array indices for X and Y  axis.  To plot the FIT function, use "CreateMesh"

1. As you can see in the attached file, I cannot display the x-axis in the right way.

Guess its easier than you think:

Using the first method (directly plotting the fit function) you would have to provide the ranges for x and y and also the number of grid in the "3D-Plot Format" window in the "Quickplot" tab.

So generally using Createmesh provides more flexibility and usually is the preferred method.

1. How can I use the fit function for the get the results from an input array?

Input array? not sure what you want to achieve.

Dear Mr. Exinger,

Thank-you for your reply.

I would like to calculate the fitting function using two input arrays instead of computing the values of the fitting function for a couple of values only.

Thank-you very much!

Enrico

Guess you need to use vectorization:

Top Tags