cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Simple-Symbolic Derivative

ChadG.
1-Newbie

Simple-Symbolic Derivative

How can I get a simple derivative like partially defferentiating F(n,a*x) with respect to x to display aF'(n,a*x)

instead of calculating into two branches....

in other words how can I tell mathcad in a complicated derivations to just display the derivative (substitute it)

Same question (differently)

How can I tell Mathcad when using symbolic calcualtions instead of evaluating Bessel and Hankel functions to just show a derivative of the function:

For example let's say I'm differentiating Jn(n,K*r) with respect to r the derivative should display Jn'(n,K*r)*K or :\frac{\part Jn}{\part r}(n,K*r) =K*frac{\part Jn}{\part r}(n,K*r).

I do not know how Can you include mathcad in here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ChadG.)

Sorry but I have not figured how to embed a sheet within my post.

Neither have I. Those were just bitmaps cut down from a screen capture

This is the only thing I can think of doing. To get the full expressions you would have to substitute all the derivatives of the Bessel and Hankel functions (which are not what you showed!) by hand. Painful, but it would get you there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You can include a worksheet with your post by using the insert link denoted by a blue capital A.

Including a worksheet with or posts always helps.

Mike

I clicked on the blue A it needs a website! it did not let me include math. file instead. How can I just copy paste from Mathcad inside my text.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

How can I just copy paste from Mathcad inside my text.

You can't. I wish it were possible, but it's not. The only thing you can do is a screen capture, crop the bitmap if necessary, then insert that by clicking on the camera icon.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Sorry my mistake, you can add a worksheet by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the post box.

I clicked on the blue A it needs a website! it did not let me include math. file instead. How can I just copy paste from Mathcad inside my text.

You can't as Richard said, but I quite often copy the regions and paste into IrfanView and insert the image into here.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

How can I get a simple derivative like partially defferentiating F(n,a*x) with respect to x to display aF'(n,a*x)

What is F' supposed to represent?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

For example let's say I'm differentiating Jn(n,K*r) with respect to r the derivative should display Jn'(n,K*r)*K or :\frac{\part Jn}{\part r}(n,K*r) =K*frac{\part Jn}{\part r}(n,K*r).

Forget that last question. I have figured out what your interesting notation represents. If I am correct, you want the symbolic processor to take this

der1.gif

and display this as the result:

der2.gif

There is no way to make the symbolic processor display that result, because it's not correct.

For example I wish to use the symbolic processor to symbolically give me the outcome of sigma's per the attached sheet. Since the result is too long to display I am thinking if the processor can just simplify to an understandable without calculating the details.

simple example:

or

and

yeilds

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Neither have I. Those were just bitmaps cut down from a screen capture

This is the only thing I can think of doing. To get the full expressions you would have to substitute all the derivatives of the Bessel and Hankel functions (which are not what you showed!) by hand. Painful, but it would get you there.

It seems great. I will try it.

Thanks

Top Tags